Sunday, November 24, 2013

Homer Winter Kings Nov 24, 2013



I got back Saturday afternoon from Seattle and scrambled to get studs put on the truck.  Managed to get everything done so I set the alarm for 4:30 am and get out the door by 6am.  Drive down wasn't too bad...normal winter conditions unlike the black ice we have been having lately.  Get to Homer around 10:00.

I immediately notice there is no bait where I have been fishing.  I search around and discover all of the marks on my sonar are not shallow anymore but at least 50ft down in 80 to 120 ft of water.  So I go back to the truck to install my down rigger.  Definitely helped...with the pollock.  After not hooking anything for an hour or more, I start consistently hooking pollock deeper down.  At least its something.  After getting tired of dealing with the pollock, I try to shallow up to avoid the pollock and final get hit.  really the only good hit of the day.

Fish didn't even know it was hooked until it was right up to the boat.  Not that it had any chance with 65lbs spectra and 50lbs fluorocarbon leader.  Not taking ANY chances!!! LoL.  The gear is actually more to insure I don't break off a halibut and the thicker leader imparts more action to the hooch's I was using anyways.  It was just a hair over 8lbs on my handheld scale.  As many of these sub 10 pound kings I have caught this year, next year should be a BANNER year for these kings!!!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gambling Challenges Through GClub Mobile
Holiday Palace It is a website to create joy and excitement with the game. In modern times, there are websites that provide services in the field of games, gambling, computer networks, emerging to provide services to gamblers. And our online betting site is a gambling game provider that has been widely admired for any service that is popular with a passionate out. Gambling games are popular among gamblers such as slot games, baccarat, online gambling, and website gambling. Online Betting These gamblers also provide all types of gambling services. Whether it's football, every game, the most popular matches. The most popular sports betting is the online betting. The game is a gambler to make money for many players. Our online gambling sites are also considered to be the most reputable online gambling operators. Because of gambling games here. When a player wins a bet Get paid instantly and get the amount you have gambled. There are also promotions for risky people have fun every month as well. And all this you can find at the website. Gclub

Unknown said...

royal1688 android


bacara holiday

สูตรบาคาร่า gclub

สมัคร gclub

บาคาร่า gclub

gclubmobile69