Monday, August 29, 2011

Seward, August 28, 2011

Launched out of South Beach in Seward around 10am after a few technical delays with my new thule rack for the 2 dr civic si.  Headed out with the intent of focusing on Halibut near Tonsina Creek.  Caught a pink while trolling out there.

Caught a bunch of P-Cod and a decent sized skate.  No halibut.

On the way back in I managed to land 3 of 5 silvers hooked.  Maybe I should have focused on the silvers.

The highlight of the trip was a porpoise running between my rod tip and the kayak. It just cruised by me staring and keeping an eye on me the whole time.  Pretty cool but FREAKED me out initially!  I didn't know what it was but it was big and it was close!

Oh here's a quick video where I reveal one of my most guarded secrets.  Never before documented training in the ways of Jedi/Ninja mind tricks to make the fish come to me.  Worked once...almost twice in the video.  Soon I can go without a net.  Eventually I hope to be able to go out without a rod or line.  lol.






No comments: