Friday, May 13, 2011

Drove down to Anchor Point. Something different this time...pushing the limits BABY. Not one, but two kayaks on top of my 2dr civic.

4pm forecast is not good. South 20kts, seas 4 feet. 15 & 3 I have done. This is out of my comfort zone. Checked the launch site at 10 pm and it's nice and flat. Maybe we will have a little weather window in the morning. Well I always mock the weather forecasters so hopefully it's different than forecast.

So we are here to fish the 17th annual Anchor Point Calcutta King salmon Derby.
I was the first kayak ever auctioned at this event which is 17 year old. Had to pay $125 just to buy my own kayak. Paid the same for Greta's. The bidding start at $25 so that's amazing. The charter boats were being bought for $300 plus but keep in mind they might be fishing 6 rods. So that was nice of people to bid us up though my wallet hates you. Lol. Charity gets 25%, biggest fish gets 25%, and whoever bought the boat gets 50%!! I plan on collecting 75% of the purse!!

Met some cool people from the forums. This is great. Out of this world if we can fish and get one!!!







Greta's new ride. Perception pescadore 12.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: